Information Technology Management Experience
- In 2003 Dennis consulted with the Racine Unified School District to modernize their Information Technology and ultimately assumed the position of Executive Director Information Systems for RUSD During his 6 years at the District he ran a 28 person department and implemented several major projects including a $2.2 million ERP software implementation, a fiber optic infrastructure project linking all 32 buildings, and a $1.3 million VoIP telecom project. Project management became a large part of the work necessary to manage these implementations.
Custom Database Programming
- In conjunction with Fourth Generation Systems, LLC, QuinteSystems has developed custom databases for a wide variety of client organizations. Their individualized approach to each unique client entails working with client office staffs to develop and implement database solutions. The process includes analysis of client work flow, staff data entry preferences, custom reports and invoices, exports to accounting software, web access via client/server software and browser access, testing, training, data conversion, implementation and modification services for 4D client server databases.
- Small to medium client server applications can be created for almost any business including manufacturing, financial services, publishing, tracking and real time business decision making.
Real-World Business Background
- Before becoming a 4D Database Specialist, Barkow managed two small companies that sold and installed equipment for new vehicles and customized trucks and trailers. He has held sales positions with nationwide companies and worked with regional distributors and national accounts. He brings real world experience in management, manufacturing, sales, and a competitive environment to apply state of the art Information Systems management to your company.
- Dennis has a BSME (Mechanical Engineering) from Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN.
- In recent years courses at UWM in project management have provided the methodology for many of his project initiatives.